Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lists

My brain has a machine inside it that creates lists. My list-making machine is unique to me, but perhaps your brain has a similar mechanism? Mine functions seemingly without any human assistance, and doesn't appear to need any tune ups. My list consists of projects which cover many categories - home: paint trim, clean windows, balance the checking account, buy silver polish..., work: write introduction, finish typing recipes, prepare for cooking classes, balance checking account..., personal: do yoga, meditate, give myself a pedicure and manicure (or pay someone to do it), eat consciously, plan dinner... Of course, the categories and list continues, but I won't bore you with the mundane details.

I have discovered that I can turn the machine off, however. That is what I am doing this morning - turning the machine off. I don't want to unplug for the whole day, but as I sit here, I just don't feel like writing right now. My yoga mat calls, and it is so beautiful outside. The beauty of a brain that makes lists is that it's always there when I need to refer to it.

I am grateful to have the flexibility in my day to be able to pick and choose my activities. I don't take that for granted.


www.healingpartnersllc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment